Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Lil Wayne Speaks On Retiring By Age 31





Thirty-one? I don’t believe that, man. Mack and them are not gonna let you hang it up. I see Baby still doing it.


Well, I’m not Baby. [Laughs] Honestly, this is the real truth. I honestly think it’s unfair to my kids. I’m super dedicated into what I do. Like, it’s no questions—it’s hands down, I do this. I live this. I don’t have a day out my week that I do something else. I do this every day of my life, and I’m not about to stop, ’cause that’s the only way you can succeed in this business, is to do it the way I do it. I want to succeed the way I want to succeed. You can succeed. You can put out a hit… But to do it the way I want to do it, to be comfortable to do what the fuck I want to do, you’ve got to work like no other. Like I said, it’s unfair to my kids. So about 30, 31, 32, I gotta get ready. I got three boys and one daughter. She’s gonna be a teenager, and they gonna be growing. They gonna be five or six. It’s time to get them. Let them niggas know what being a man is about, what being a little boy is about. I’m not trying to have no nanny do that or no uncle or no shit like that. No stepdad or no shit like that. I was raised like, Don’t let no other man take care of yours. Even if you gotta take the sacrifice of quitting what you love the most. Like I said, I’m finished at about 31, 32. That’s it, shawty.

Full Story: XXL

No comments:

Post a Comment