Friday, August 26, 2011


V Exclusive: Lil Wayne Elaborates On His Jay-Z Diss
VIBE.COM By: Vibe Posted 8-25-2011 9:09 am
Just a day after the leak of superstar Lil Wayne’s blog-igniting track “It’s Good,” a two-fisted cut that’s making noise for its perceived brazen diss at hip-hop legend Jay-Z and his omnipresent wife pop-R&B queen Beyonce, the skateboarding Gremlin doesn’t seem at all fazed. During an interview for an upcoming Oct./Nov. VIBE story, Wayne says he’s not worried about any fallout from the presumed lyrical barb at the Watch The Throne MC which features Drake and Jadakiss as Weezy snaps, “I got your baby money/Kidnap your bitch, get that how much you love your lady money.” (The sneering line comes off as a rebuttal to Hova’s Birdman-aimed “H.A.M.” slap “Really you got baby money…You ain't got my lady’s money.”) 
“I know there won’t be any repercussions behind what I did,” says a confident Wayne when asked if he had second thoughts about recording his acidic verse for ‘It's Good.’ “I know for a fact music is about perception. You can’t do anything but perceive what you hear. I know that for a fact. So I can’t ever be upset about someone’s reaction.”  
Wayne added that while he understands the intrigue and buzz behind the record, it’s just another song. “I’m not going to say I don’t know what would happen before I even say [something on record],” he explains. “I do know what will happen. I’m aware of it. But it is what it is.” 
Lil Wayne is currently headlining his I Am Still Music Tour. He is set to digitally drop his highly anticipated release Tha Carter IV on Sunday, August 28th. —Keith Murphy




No comments:

Post a Comment